Buckeye Book Fair
As we approach Giving Tuesday, a global day of generosity, I invite you to join hands with us in making a profound impact on literacy in Ohio. The Buckeye Book Fair, nestled in the heart of Wooster, Ohio, stands as a beacon for promoting literacy, championing Ohio authors, and nurturing a passion for reading among people of all ages.
Your generous contributions on Giving Tuesday will play a pivotal role in advancing our mission. Every dollar you donate supports our commitment to fostering a love for literature and enabling access to books that inspire minds and transform lives. The Buckeye Book Fair is a vital force in promoting reading.
This Giving Tuesday, let’s unite to empower our community through the gift of literacy. Together, we can turn the page to a brighter future for readers of all ages. Thank you for being a valued part of The Buckeye Book Fair family.
We are a literacy charity that promotes Ohio authors, illustrators, and reading!
Save the Dates:
Buckeye Book Fair
Saturday, November 2nd, 2024
from 9:30am – 4:00pm.
The event takes place at Greystone Event Center 50 Riffel Road in Wooster, Ohio 44691
Student Lit Day: Thursday, October 31st, 2024
Young Authors Conference: Friday, November 1st, 2024
The Buckeye Book Fair, a pioneering literary institution that kick-started Ohio’s love affair with literature, is gearing up for its 36th annual celebration. Founded in the 1980s, the Buckeye Book Fair has not only celebrated Ohio’s rich literary heritage but has set a benchmark for book fairs across the state and, quite possibly, the nation.
Set to take place on Saturday, November 4th, 2023, at the Greystone Event Center, 50 Riffel Road, Wooster, Ohio, this event has become a beloved tradition that extends far beyond books.
The Buckeye Book Fair is not just a state treasure; it has become a national literary phenomenon. It has drawn New York Times Bestselling illustrators like Richard Cowdrey and award-winning authors like Dandi Daley Mackall, making it the undisputed family reunion of the literature community.
From fiction to non-fiction, children’s books to young adult novels, the Buckeye Book Fair offers something for readers of all ages and interests. It serves as a platform for both established authors and emerging talents, embodying the spirit of Ohio’s vibrant literary community.
2023 Author and Illustrator Presentations
On Saturday, November 4th, at 9:30 AM, the Buckeye Book Fair will commence its celebration of authors! This schedule offers a mere glimpse of the exceptional authors, illustrators, and presenters attending our event. Don’t miss this day of literary festivities; we’re presenting 12 captivating sessions at Greystone Event Center in Wooster, Ohio that book enthusiasts will cherish. Join us for a day of profound exploration and inspiration. This website offers a comprehensive list of authors attending the Buckeye Book Fair.
- 9:40 Creative Movement with Connie Bergstein Dow
- 10:00 Coffee & Conversation with Thao Thai: Thao will be talking about the role of homecoming in Banyan Moon. She’ll discuss what homecoming means in a novel that centers immigrants and family homes, especially as the concept pertains to memories and the versions of ourselves we encounter when excavating our pasts.
- 11:00 Footprints in Time: Hiking, Preservation, & Mythical Landscapes – Panel with Jeff Alt, Mary Kay Carson, Dianna Rhyan, and Jade Rush
- 11:30 In the Heart of Ohio: A Journey with Governor Richard F. Celeste
- 12:00 Kicking off the Conversation: Sports Panel with Marc Bona, Scott Burson, Kelcey Ervick, David Lee Morgan, Jr., and Sam Smathers
- 12:30 Drawing Life: Kelcey Ervick’s Journey in Graphic Memoir with ‘Keeper
- 1:00 Artistic Showdown: Jerzy Drozd vs. Merrill Rainey Draw Along
- 1:30 On Freedom Road: David Goodrich’s Journey on the Underground Railroad by Bicycle
- 2:00 The Unveiling of Poe: Exploring the Mystery Behind Edgar Allen Poe’s Demise
- 2:30 Writers Unveiled: A Journey into the Craft of Storytelling with Kristy Boyce, Ashley Aya Ferguson, Jonathan Knight, Julie Ann Lindsey, Jessica Stawser, and Brianna Wilkoff
- 3:00 Whodunnit & Why: Mystery with Master Storytellers Linda Castillo, Shelley Costa, Amanda Flower, Anastasia Hastings, Anna Lee Huber, Katheryn Long, and Abby Vandiver
- 3:30 Young Voices, Bold Choices: YA Authors Unleash Their Sass
- 4:00 Final opportunity to make your purchase!
A day for Readers to meet the authors and authors to meet their readers!
Adults, kids, families…We all deserve a Book Fair!
The Board of Directors of Buckeye Authors Book Fair Committee, Inc. thank you for checking out The Buckeye Book Fair. We’re a community-driven initiative headquartered in Wooster, Ohio, with Kimberly Jarvis serving as the Executive Director. The Book Fair plays a vital role in promoting literacy, supporting Ohio authors, and nurturing a passion for reading among individuals of all ages. By hosting events and showcasing a wide array of books, the Buckeye Book Fair creates a vibrant literary platform that benefits both the community and State of Ohio.
October 30th – November 4th…Prepare to embark on a journey that caters to every literary taste. Our diverse lineup includes a captivating sports panel, a rendezvous with romance novelists, a dive into the world of graphic comics, and something special for the history buffs.
But that’s not all! As you explore the vibrant streets of downtown Wooster, you’ll discover signature drinks and unlock hidden gems using exclusive passwords. It’s a unique experience that merges literature, culture, and excitement.
Thursday, November 2nd, 2023 Student Literacy Day is a collaborative effort involving Buckeye Book Fair, the Tri-County Educational Service Center, the Ohio Alliance for Arts Education, and the Ohio Arts Council. This partnership underscores the shared goal of fostering a love for reading and creative expression among high school students.
Friday, November 3rd, 2023 Young Authors Conference is a partnership with all schools in Wayne, Holmes, and Ashland counties through Buckeye Book Fair’s established partnership with Tri-County Educational Service Center, the Ohio Alliance for Arts Education, and Ohio Arts Council. With over 500 students participating, the Young Authors Conference teaches students in grades 3-8 about the ins and outs of the writing and storytelling process. Students attend a one-day session where they work intensively with a teaching artist expert in writing, illustration, and publishing.
Buckeye Book Fair Family Friendly Activities
Check out the exciting ways to enjoy the book fair as a family.
Ohio’s Foremost Literary Showcase